Westboro Baptist Church(WBC) Legacy of Hate?



All of last week I was dragging my feet as to whether or not I would be able to go out and make images of coming events. I like going to these protests because you never know what's going to happen but when you happen to make the "hitlist" in at least two categories, it's a different energy when you are 2 feet away from these people photographing them and then having to engage in small talk to ask their names. I've never experienced photographing people so full of rage. The WBC(Westboro Baptist Church) as so passionate about their word that they are convinced they are the only family not going to hell. In all fairness, they were very engaging and very polite when giving their names. As a photographer, you should not have "a dog in this race" and being neutral goes a long way towards getting images and getting information.


Comments